ST. PETER ACADEMY
Providing the Keys to a bright future
St. Peter Academy, in River Edge, New Jersey, is Bergen County’s celebrated, Catholic elementary school. Since 1952, we have continued to offer education through Christ.
Our diverse family of students travel from areas throughout Bergen County and all of northern New Jersey to learn from state-certified teachers and educators. From our computer center and science lab to Smartboards in every classroom, we use technology as a valuable learning tool. We profess a mission dedicated to comprehensive education to assure all students are receiving the best possible care and attention.
Our mission is to follow the invitation of Christ to live as a faith community while striving to provide a balanced educational program.
The school community of St. Peter Academy affirms that Jesus Christ and His message of salvation are central to the life and vitality of the Academy. We believe that our primary function is to follow the invitation of Christ to live His Word, worship as a faith community, and serve the needs of others. We provide an education which not only offers quality academic programs, but also instruction in the belief and traditions of our Catholic faith.
We encourage our students to integrate the values presented in the Good News in all aspects of their lives. Through the teaching of Catholic Doctrine and beliefs, combined with the teachers’ modeling and constant reinforcement of Christian behavior, students develop a well-formed conscience. The Academy is called to serve as a microcosm of the world outside where the values and morals learned are carried with the student to meet the demands of a complex, ever-changing world.
Focus on Faith
St. Peter Academy is a co-sponsored elementary school providing an education that not only offers quality academic programs, but also formation in the beliefs and traditions of our Catholic faith.
We pride ourselves on being a loving and family oriented school.
We Believe That…
- Jesus Christ and His message of salvation is central to the life and vitality of the Academy.
- Our primary function is to follow the invitation of Christ to live His work, worship as a faith community and serve the needs of others.
- Administration, teacher, and parent relationships foster a partnership in learning.
- Students should be encouraged to be creative and enthusiastic in their learning experiences.
- Students should be encouraged to reach their fullest potential.
- Varied teaching strategies stimulate independent thought, critical thinking skills and decision-making situations.
- It is the responsibility of educators, not only to share knowledge, but also to develop spiritual, intellectual, physical, social and personal attributes.
- A balanced educational program whereby we adapt to meet the multiple needs of our students while developing all facets of the learning process is a necessity.
St. Peter Academy’s office if open from8 am to 2:30 pm Monday to Friday.
You can contact St. Peter Academy at (201) 261-3468 or email us at email@example.com.